2017 Canada Games Program – Beach
2017 Team Manitoba Canada Games Beach Volleyball
The 2017 Team Manitoba Canada Games Beach Volleyball program will be led by head coaches Wanda Guenette and Morgan Cheyne. Open to athletes born in 1997 or later, 1 female and 1 male team will be selected to represent Team Manitoba at the 2017 Canada Summer Games in Winnipeg July 30-August 4th.
Canada Games Female Head Coach – Wanda Guenette – email@example.com
Canada Games Male Head Coach – Morgan Cheyne - firstname.lastname@example.org
Provincial High Performance Coach – Scott Koskie – email@example.com
1) Interested athletes should complete a Canada Games Athlete Identification Form – Beach Volleyball.
2) Identification forms will be reviewed and athletes will be invited to attend Team Manitoba training sessions held in June 2017. Athletes will be offered 20 training hours and tournament play as part of the evaluation process. Athletes are not required to attend all of the training sessions but should be available to train on June 3-4 and compete on June 17-18:
Saturday June 3
Sunday June 4
Tuesday June 6
Thursday June 8
Sunday June 11
Tuesday June 13
Thursday June 15
Saturday June 17 – Volleyball Manitoba Premiere Event
3) A final group of 6-8 athletes per gender will be invited to participate in the Canada Games Training and Test event June 22-25, 2017 at the Sargent Park Beach Volleyball Centre in Winnipeg. June 22 and 23 will feature training led by National Beach Volleyball Team Head Coach Steve Anderson. June 24 and 25 will feature tournament play.
4) Following the Canada Games Training and Test event, Volleyball Manitoba will select the female and male teams and alternates in the event of injury.
* As the primary focus of this program is performance at the 2017 Canada Summer Games, athlete selection will be weighted towards selecting the players with the highest potential to perform at the games.
Canada Games Training – Team training will begin in June following the final team selection camp. Regular team training will continue through July with the expectation that athletes will make the Canada Games program their top priority. Athletes should be prepared to train both during the day and in the evenings. Exact training dates and times will be determined by the coaching staff
Pre-Competitions – Both the male and female teams will compete in a Volleyball Manitoba Premier Event July 7-8. Teams will also be pursuing competitive opportunities outside of the Province.
Canada Summer Games – July 30th- August 4th, 2017 in Winnipeg.
The cost of this program is TBC pending confirmation of out of Province competitions.